Thursday, May 30, 2019

Reflection on media

If I am being completely honest I am still on social media way too much. Because of my excessive use of social media, this has lead me to become a procrastinator. I do not want to be a procrastinator. I hate the stress hmaging on my back constantly. So after watching and consuming the idea of social media made me decide to confront myself with the idea of getting off of social media. Of coarse I am not talking about become cold turkey with it yet it had made me actually do something about it. I took off all the notifications on all my social media so I will not be tempted. I can say that this has worked very much. Also I don’t watch television anymore, not because of this class, but because television just doesn’t amuse me anymore, it’s a bore. So when I do see commercials it is when I watch movies. When I see the commercial I just want to unpack it by using my critical thinking skills. I would like to say that I am more aware of the techniques the advertisers se to attract more customers, especially car companies. They use the appeals very much to get their point across.
    Now I am trying to balance my school work and the media, so far it has been beneficial towards my grades and my procrastination. Yet it isn’t that I want to be completely finished with social media after I’ve been explosed to everything. It’s is just that I don’t have the attention to give it. Although I will keep up on my media literacy because at my age o need to be able to use social media responsibly and to my advantage. Or else they will destroy me. Well not that dramatic, but they will abuse the fact that don’t understand it. Just how they do to old people. Begging an educated consumer helps me saves money and time. So I don’t fall into advertiser’s traps. Also with the Video about girls and how they are seen as sex symbols, and that I should never consider myself imperfect and lesser because of the color of my skin and gender and the shape of my body. I should be judged for my personality not my image. Especially when doing one of my recent media blog about women role models in the early 2000‘s, how that doesn’t mean I don’t have any now, but nevertheless, I should be my own role model and girls should do the same. The blogs have gotten closer with the realization and truths about the media. So just media in general is the same, they use the same techniques and same celebrity endorsements. So if after gaining all of this knowledge about the media and I still get tricked, this is all on me. However I highly doubt that would happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment